|This page uses content from an article at Wikipedia. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with To All The Boys I've Loved Before Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
Han was born and raised in Richmond, Virginia. She attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and later earned her Master of Fine Arts in creative writing at The New School, from which she graduated in 2006. Han resides in Brooklyn, New York City.
Han wrote her first book, the children's' novel Shug, while she was still in college. Shug is about Annemarie Wilcox, a twelve-year-old trying to navigate the perils of junior high school. Her next project was a young adult romance trilogy, about a girl's coming-of-age during her summer breaks. The three novels, The Summer I Turned Pretty, It's Not Summer Without You, and We'll Always Have Summer, quickly became a New York Times Bestseller. In 2014, Han released a young adult romance novel, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, about Lara Jean Song Covey, a high school student whose life turns upside down when the letters she wrote to her five past crushes are sent out without her knowledge. The novel was optioned for a screen adaptation in the weeks following its debut. The sequel, P.S. I Still Love You, was released the following year, and won the Young Adult 2015–2016 Asian/Pacific American Award for Literature. A third novel, Always and Forever, Lara Jean, was released in two years later. The film adaptation of the first novel, starring Lana Condor in the lead role, began filming in July 2017.
- Shug (2006)
- Clara Lee and the Apple Pie Dream (2011)
The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogyEdit
- The Summer I Turned Pretty (2009)
- It's Not Summer Without You (2010)
- We'll Always Have Summer (2011)
Burn for Burn trilogyEdit
- Burn for Burn (2012)
- Fire with Fire (2013)
- Ashes to Ashes (2014)
To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogyEdit
- To All the Boys I've Loved Before (2014)
- P.S. I Still Love You (2015)
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean (2017)
- "Polaris Is Where You'll Find Me" in My True Love Gave To Me: Twelve Holiday Stories (2014)
- Jenny Han makes a cameo appearance in both To All the Boys I've Loved Before (film) and P.S. I Still Love You (film).